Please go to category: recycling for the full list. Thank you.
The "recycling" category covers methods to recycle polymers for use in RepRaps.
- ways to convert plastic cups, plastic bottles, etc. into filament that can be used by a RepRap.
- ways to convert big solid chunks of plastic -- such as Childs Shoes that have been outgrown -- into filament that can be used by a RepRap -- perhaps to print slightly larger shoes that will fit for a few more months.
Some researchers are interested in other kinds of recycling:
- recycling old, broken printers and other electronics and using them to build 3d printers
- Kent's Strapper
- "WoeLab & W.Afate"
- "JunkBot – Yesterdays Junk Is Tomorrow’s RepRap".
- "The Phoenix Project: Recycled Epson Printer Parts into 3D Printer"
- "Rebirth of obsolete Inkjet printers into 3D printers: THE PHOENIX PROJECT"
- "building a 3d printer from old printer parts" is apparently the same person building "my RepScrap 3D printer."
- "Printer Print Project: Build a ... state-of-the-art reprap/3D printer design using parts from discarded printers."; "Printer Print Project: SLIDESHOW"
- modular designs for 3D printers so that they can be disassembled and re-used in other devices, such as bigger, better RepRap designs