Rostock Mini Pro
Rostock Mini is a delta 3D Printer originally designed by Bwevans, with smaller build volume compared to a Rostock or Kossel, but much more compact, portable, and desktop friendly. We improved Rostock mini with carbon fibre arms, Traxxas 5347 u-joints, and a planetary gearbox extruder. The top and bottom plates are made from 6mm acrylic sheet to give strong support of the entire frame. This is a complete kit that contains everything (including tools) to build a Rosotck Mini Pro. The mechanical part can be finished between 3-6 hours depending on your experience with RepRap machines. |license = GPL
- Build Volume: 18cm x 18cm x 25cm cylinder
- Electronics: RAMPS 1.4
- Heatbed: No (PLA is the recommmended filament).
- Extruder: Bowden extruder
Included in the Rostock Mini Pro Kit:
- 8mm hardened precision rod (49cm) x 6
- GT-2 belt and 36-teeth pulleys x 3
- pneufit push-in fittings for bowden extrusion x 2
- 3K carbon fibre hollow tubes x 6
- Traxxas 5349 u-joints x 12
- Assembled RAMPS 1.4 w/ 4 Pololu steppers
- 12V 10A laptop power charger
- Nema 17 motors with 0.55 N*m torque x 3
- Nema 17 motor coupled with a planetary gearbox
- J-head MKIV hotend
FAQ for Rosotck Mini Pro
1. What are the advantages of having a Delta styled RepRap ?
Delta RepRap such as Rostock Mini can print very fast due to the unique mechanical structure. It’s easier to assemble and more professional-looking than traditional Cartesian RepRaps. It’s also very fun to watch the Rostock Mini Pro print.
2. What are Traxxas 5347 u-joints?
Traxxas 5347 u-joints are mostly used in airplane models to give smooth movements. These are ball-socket joints that create very little friction when your Rostock Mini Pro’s arms move.
3. Why carbon fibre arms?
It’s super strong, light, and cool.
4. What about the Software?
You can use standard open-source software such as Repetier-host to control the Rostock Mini Pro.
5. What is a planetary gearbox coupled Nema 17 motor?
This is a Nema 17 motor with a built-in gearbox to increase output force. Traditional RepRaps use a printed gearbox structure (such as in Greg’s extruder) to achieve the same end; however, planetary gearbox is much more precise and more reliable as well.