Here is a project I've been working on. It started in this forum thread. I would like a nice clean board to control my currently un-born Reprap, and due to its cost and simplicity I've chosen to use the Sanguino Arduino compatible board paired with a set of Pololu Allegro A4983 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier boards. In order to keep things tidy, I've mushed all this into one board.
Latest revision: 0.7 Updated March 3, 2011
The revision 0.6 PCBs have been shipped! Now for their trek across the Pacific.... In order to keep prices cheap, there will be a surplus of these boards. drop me a line in irc if you want a sample. And to source the parts I've created a parts list on [www.mouser.com].
Please note that the 0.6 revision does not have pads for the voltage regulator (added in 0.7), and in order to be powered by USB bus, a greenwire must be soldered.
- Small design - board is 100mm x 50mm (4" x 2"), 2 sided, a bunch of vias (DIY routed 1 sided design in the works)
- Sanguino clone, Atmel's ATMEGA644
- Up to 4 Pololu (or Pololu compatible) on-board (X,Y,Z,Extruder) (A4983 without voltage regulator)
- Supports multiple power configurations
- Logic & Motors supplied by ATX power supply (needs molex harddrive connector, and optional 4pin atx connector for additional 12v)
- Motors supplied by 5mm screw terminal (7v-35v)
- Logic supplied by USB bus (if connector is installed)
- Logic supplied by optional on-board voltage regulator (molex harddrive connector cannot be installed at the same time)
- Supports multiple communication configurations
- FT232RL on-board for USB connectivity
- USB2TTL header is available for FTDI cable, or BlueSMIRF bluetooth module
- Edge connectors for all wire connections, for vertical jumpers or right-angle tidyness, with or without polarizing tab
- Silkscreen for connectors on both sides of the board, facilitating bottom cable connections for even more tidyness
- Sanguino extra pin header for expansion (6 analog IO and 4 digital IO - two for uart2, and two PWM pins)
- All through-hole components (except FTDI chip) for easy DIY soldering
- 2 thermistor connectors with circuitry
- 2 N-MOSFETs for extruder/bed, or whatever
- Selectable 12v/5v endstop voltage