Tape is obviously what holds the world together and why would it be any different with the RepRap-project? Kidding aside tape is mainly used as:
- Bed surface for print adherence.
- Leak proofing in hotends.
- Electrical isolation.
Characteristics of various tape variations and their materials
Kapton (Need to move this to: a polyimide page ; section called polyimide films or the like as its a brand of dupont) Self-fusing silicone tape (source) See Also: Sodium Silicate more commonly known as Fire Cement for this application.
See: Kapton Tape.
Merge and link BlueTape and so forth.
- http://www.3mdirect.co.uk/p-1298-masking-tape-scotchblue-painters-tape-2090-50mm-x-55m.aspx?buttonstyle=3&utm_expid=1493557-4 / UK
- http://www.restockit.com/3-4-x-60-yards-3m-2090-scotch-brand-long-mask-weatherable-masking-tape-5-0-mil-(t9342090).html / US
- http://www.tyboat.fr/achat/P-20927-3m-ruban-de-masquage-3m-2090-largeur-19mm-x-longueur-50-m-bleu.html / FR
- http://www.conrad.fr/ce/fr/product/540567/Ruban-adhsif-de-masquage-L-x-l-50-m-x-50-mm-bleu-3M-FT-5101-0012-4-2090 / FR
- http://biltema.se/sv/Bygg/Tejp/Maskerings--och-monteringstejp/Maskeringstejp-latthaftande-87751/ / SE
Brand & Suppliers
|Brand & Supplier||From||Product Reviews & Additional Notes|
|Biltema||EU||Brand (Tapes): ->Reviews<-|
Supplier (General): ->Reviews<-
N.B the differences between Supplier & Manufacturer/brand. Besides creating/clearing ground for consumer power thereby aiding the virus evolutionary socio/bio characteristics (aka you & your printer(s) and the rest of us), this way it's easier to reuse for other subjects here on the wiki. Please do as it's licenced under:
Copyright (C) danielpublic. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the section entitled "GNU Free Documentation License".