This Infobox needs to be added to to include metatags for software, electronics, and extruder ends.--Buback 05:07, 25 October 2010 (UTC)
Hey Issac, could you fix the category tag so that you just have to enter in the plaintext, comma seperated, and it will generate a link to the proper category and add the category tag to the page? it's a annoying to have to type:
And i don't expect most users to bother doing it properly. --Buback 20:10, 25 October 2010 (UTC)
- That would be a handy feature. While I'm not exactly sure how to do that I think I'll give it a go! Something else we need to figure out is how to make some infobox fields optional so they don't show up by default if you don't require them. For example if someone didn't have an external url. Of course we still would want some fields to always show up like description and author and so-fourth. --Isaac Olson 00:57, 26 October 2010 (UTC)
- If When we get it to work right this type of functionality should be extended to Author/Contributors so multiple users could be bundled up with no 's. --Isaac Olson 01:02, 26 October 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, I agree that would be a handy feature.
- Ideally an editor would only have to type "
toolheads" in the appropriate place in the template, and it would Do the Right Thing.
- But alas, I don't know how to do that.
- However, I can get pretty close -- I only need to type "
- See template:tag for details. --DavidCary 21:31, 1 December 2010 (UTC)
- See Repic for an example of using the "tag" template inside this "development" template. --DavidCary 21:42, 1 December 2010 (UTC)
- - -
User:Buback wrote: Something else we need to figure out is how to make some infobox fields optional so they don't show up by default if you don't require them.
How this should work is described here: , i.e. using #if: and #ifeq: and thelike. I tried in a sandbox, but stuff didn't work out, not even with the sample code copy&pasted. --Traumflug 22:45, 4 June 2011 (UTC)