Archim 2 is a 3d printer controller based on the Atmel sam3x8e 32-bit processor (same as Arduino Due) and Trinamic TMC2130 stepper drivers all on one integrated PCB. Archim is named after the mathematician Archimedes.
The main difference from Archim 1.0 is the Trinamic TMC2130 drivers. Except for the drivers, the pin mapping and all the other aspects of Archim v1.0 are the same.
- Marlin 2.0 firmware: https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/tree/bugfix-2.0.x
- Arduino IDE 1.8.7+: https://www.arduino.cc/
- Install Archim board support: https://reprap.org/wiki/Archim_v1.0#Install_Arduino_Addons
- Install TMCStepper library: Arduino IDE-> Sketch menu -> Include Library -> Manage Libraries -> install TMCStepper
Marlin 2.0 Configuration
#define SERIAL_PORT -1 #define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_ARCHIM2 #define EXTRUDERS 2 #define TEMP_SENSOR_0 1 #define TEMP_SENSOR_1 1 #define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 1 #define X_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2130 #define Y_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2130 #define Z_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2130 #define E0_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2130 #define E1_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2130
// The resistors can be identified on the board with the letters R120 on top of the resistor. #define R_SENSE 0.12 #define TMC_USE_SW_SPI
Marlin4due: https://github.com/ultimachine/Marlin4Due/tree/Archim2 Older Marlin 2.0 port: https://github.com/ultimachine/Marlin/tree/bugfix-2.0.x-Archim2
- Windows 10, Linux and Mac use CDC interface and have hardware driver built in.
- Windows legacy can use hardware driver: File:RAMBo USBdriver.zip
Lost COM port after flashing: Flashing the board using the Arduino Due core will cause the USB to not function. To fix perform a manual erase