The 3DMakerWorld Artifex is an open source desktop 3D printer. It makes three-dimensional objects out of PLA and ABS filaments layer by layer. The printer's frame is based on the frame of MendelMax-2.0, and the design was heavily modified for printability, strength, wire management, vibration reduction, filament feeding, and compatibility with other features in the extruder and heated build platform.
- Print technology: Fused Filament Fabrication
- Print space (W x D x H): 230 x 310 x 190mm (9 x 12.2 x 7.5in)
- Print volume: 13,547cm^3 (827 in^3)
- Height extendable to 220mm (8.7in) in the middle of X-axis for additional 198 × 310 × 30 mm (1,841cm^3, or 112in^3) space
- Layer resolution: 0.05mm (0.002in)
- Nozzle diameter: 0.35mm (0.014in)
- Print materials: 1.75mm PLA and ABS
- Top print speed: Infill or inner perimeter: 150mm/sec; Outer perimeter: 100mm/sec
- Top non-print speed: 300mm/sec
- Top print acceleration: Infill: 3000mm/sec; Perimeter: 1500mm/sec
- Top non-print acceleration: 3000mm/sec
- Power requirements: 110/220 VAC
- Electronics: RAMBo
- Hot-end: MakerGear hot-end with 0.35mm nozzle
- Heated bed: 24V 200W heated bed up to 120C
- Cool fans: Three 24V cooling fans for filament drive, print surface, and electronics
- Overall dimension (W x D x H): 484 x 482 x 480mm (19 x 19 x 19in)
- Weight: 11Kg (24lb)
- Frame: Aluminum extrusions
- X and Y axis: linear rails and GT2 belts
- Z axis: precision linear shafting and ACME leadscrews
- Printed parts: Black ABS
- Artifex Build Instructions [25.7M]: http://www.3dmakerworld.com/files/ArtifexBuildInstructions.pdf
- Artifex User Manual [6.5M]: http://www.3dmakerworld.com/files/ArtifexUserManual.pdf
The 3DMakerWorld Artifex 3D Printers are available at http://www.3dmakerworld.com/store/3dprinters in different packages:
- Hardware kit: All the hardware parts in the packing list of Artifex 3D Printer.
- Essential kit: Print out your own parts. Everything else is included.
- Complete kit: Everything included: hardware, electronics, printed parts and tools.
- Fully assembled: Comes with a fully assembled Artifex 3D Printer. Ready to set up and print.
- Artifex Specifications: http://www.3dmakerworld.com/artifex/specifications
- Artifex Features: http://www.3dmakerworld.com/artifex/features
- Artifex Packing List: http://www.3dmakerworld.com/files/ArtifexPackingList.pdf
- List of Artifex Printed Parts: http://www.3dmakerworld.com/files/ArtifexPrintedParts.pdf
- Learn more about the Artifex 3D Printer: http://www.3dmakerworld.com/artifex
- Artifex on Thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:214140
- Artifex Design Files: https://github.com/3dmakerworld/artifex