It is named after Cerberus, who in Greek mythology is the 3-headed hound that guards the gates of the underworld. Each of the 3 heads is said to see the past, present and future.
- Build volume: cylindrical, 245mm diameter, 560mm height.
- Footprint: triangle, 310 mm width (1515-series extrusions + printed corners) arranged on a 440mm diameter.
- Frame height: 1042mm.
- Print surface: round glass or mirror which never moves.
- Mass of end effector with hotend: less than 50 grams.
- Positioning speed: up to 400 mm/s in all 3 directions.
- Positioning accuracy: at least 50 steps/mm in all 3 directions.
- Simplicity: fewer than 200 parts.
- Hardware cost: less than $400 USD.