It's a WIP project. Contact me for offering help , questions etc
Provide a smart , small and cheap board for actuators / sensors / in automation and robotic context . Small units could be easily integrate in robotic_arm , little robot like swarmbot , sensors projects like CARACA ... more on robotic
- Smart , using CAN network and industrial quality software , to create a distributed network. see CANopen for software.
- Use 12-bit High Speed PSC for high speed brushless DC motor applications
- cheap and small :
- small , when size does matter
- no electronic parts to program/debug as Arduino mini pro , Lilypad Arduino ... use a CAN bootloader ( or a programmer )
- no switch to set Node-ID , use LSS fastscan ( or set it with the programmer )
Work In Progress
At this time , I do the electronic board. Help is welcome for firmware, website host software.
Use an AtMega from automotive serie as the ATmega64C1 with a CAN transceiver or just a DIP connector to let user choose his transceiver. This serie is a kind of mix between AT90CAN serie for CAN bus and AT90PWM serie with power stage controller.
look AVR section.
relative commercial products
- http://www.candip.com/candip-m162.htm ATMega162 + CAN controller SJA1000
- http://www.grifo.com/CAN/uk_gm1.htm Atmel T89C51CC01
Atmel AVR ( see CAN_AVR ) or others products if AVR are not suitable for our constraints. Good alternative could be AT89x microcontrollers based on the 8051 architecture, industrial standard.