The Sandwich300 is to be a compact 300x300mm 3D printer that can conveniently fold down flat for storage and portability.
- Sarrus linkage which enables the use of a single stepper for z-axis.
- Cable-based XY translation based on Ilan Moyer's "foamcore" design.
- Sarrus linkage folds inwards for storage, and uprights are hinged like a tressel table.
- Build volume: Square 300x300mm, 280mm height.
- Footprint: aiming for 380mm x 320mm
- Frame height: 350mm
- Storage height: aiming for under 110mm.
- Print surface: heated square glass which lowers as the print proceeds
Bill of Materials
- Micron3DP extruder - Ultra light-weight (360g)
- 42BYGHM809 NEMA-17 stepper motor with 400 steps/revolution and 0.48Nm torque (note warnings about these motors though: . also note warning that normal drivers (RAMPS-14) tend not to be good enough .
- Mendel90 NEMA17 steppers
- 300x300mm borosilicate glass - for lulzbot and others (see heated bed and aluminium plate as well)