SpreadSheet Leveling (SSL) for Delta Printer
This page is a development stub. Please enhance this page by adding information, cad files, nice big images, and well structured data!
SpreadSheet Leveling is a manual method to level (calibrate the height differences) of a print bed in a delta printer using an interactive spreadsheet and a Vernier caliper or dial indicator instead making mechanical adjustments to the bed.
- Using a Delta Printer
- The Linear System is orthogonal to the Base Box
- The Linear System is placed 120° to each other
- The Bed is mounted parallel to the Base Box
- The Bed has a high stiffness. E.g. it is a mirror or has a glass plate on top
- Using a Firmware which has settings for "Endstop Offset" like Repetier-Firmware or Marlin
The spreadsheet guides you through the following steps (overview):
- Readout EEPROM from firmware and type in
- Move the effector to 4 measurement positions, using a Vernier caliper or dial indicator to measure effector height and type in
- Put calculated values back into EEPROM
Download Spreadsheet File:Delta Printer Spread Sheet Leveling.ods
Tested with Repetier-Firmware and Repetier-Host. The bed was leveled in less than 10 minutes.