Talk:Hot End Comparison
hot ends to be added
- Prusa nozzle V1
- Prusa nozzle V2
- E3D Kraken
- I added a few more to the existing list from Richard Horne's article in RepRap Magazine #3. MattMoses (talk) 08:55, 1 May 2014 (PDT)
- if it won't let you paste the link here feel free to email it to me and i'll add it in --Thejollygrimreaper (talk) 14:33, 22 March 2014 (PDT)
- if it doesn't let you put the external link here, can you email to ([email protected]) or drop it into the irc chat #reprap and i'll make sure it ends up in the table --Thejollygrimreaper (talk) 17:00, 15 March 2014 (PDT)
I'm flagging the jhead-lite by ohioplastics for removal or at least the eBay link as this user was banned from the reprap forum for bad and offensive behaviour which has continued to this day with multiple accounts discuss below: --Thejollygrimreaper (talk) 15:53, 29 April 2014 (PDT)
- I updated the table to point to the wiki page for J-head lite v2, and updated the link to the most relevant forum discussion. The majority of other table entries have a link to a web shop, so I am not going to delete the link to ebay (That doesn't stop anyone else from doing it however. This is a wiki, after all).
- Just for the record, here is a short list of reasons for which Mr. Ohioplastics was banned and remains banned from the reprap forum:
- When people criticized his products and attitude, he responded with personal attacks, insults, and bizarre, rambling rants.
- He repeatedly posted irrelevant, offensive messages.
- When the admins deleted these posts, he made multiple new posts calling the admins "nazis".
- After being banned, he continues to troll the forum with offensive posts using dozens of aliases.
- He sends hostile crazy-sounding emails to the admins.
- You can read more details in this forum thread. His disrespect and hostility toward the reprap community is evident in his own writings in that thread.
- That said, the technical content of his J-head lite v2 page is acceptable by RepRap Wiki standards (which isn't necessarily saying much). I am fine with leaving the page up, but I think readers also deserve to see a link to some of his rants. They can decide for themselves whether or not he is a person they want to do business with.
cleaned up formatting
I cleaned up the formatting on this page because it was hard to read. Also added signatures and dates for some of the items. I am not very familiar with the syntax/protocol of editing Discussion pages, but there is some helpful information here: Wikipedia help for using talk pages and here: Wikipedia page on using signatures. MattMoses (talk) 08:25, 1 May 2014 (PDT)
A note on using the talk page
This is probably old news to many of you, but this wasn't at all obvious to me until I looked it up. If you type four tildes like so:
after you make an addition to the talk page, mediawiki will automatically sign and date your edit. Also, if you are replying to an item, you can indent your reply by placing a colon in front of your text like so:
:Here is my reply, blah blah blah. ~~~~