Introducing the Chimera Steel. The portable dual extruder 3D Printer.
The Chimera Steel is currently ready to be built by anyone wanting one. I am currently working on a build guide, but all the files to laser cut and print the parts required, as well as the BOM and a complete CAD model are available on the github repository.
Laser cut version
- Only 400mm x 350mm x 450mm
- 200mm x 200mm x 300mm (If using provided firmware)
- It can be 3d printed, or Laser cut (Check other GitHub Branches)
- It can print all of its own parts.
- Designed to use the e3d chimera or cyclops hotend
- Internal power supply
- Internally mounted extruders bowden setup
- Has optional CNC and Laser cutter/engraver attachments (Currently not released)