Due to inhalation of plastic fumes, we have trouble remembering how many of a thing to make. So the idea is that - whenever anyone does an AoI/STL file - they incorporate the number needed in the file name:
-- Main.VikOlliver - 29 Nov 2005
Take the time to minimise the use of support material. An extra hour spent on design can often save an hour of tedious work picking support material out of hard-to-reach places. I was that man.
-- Main.VikOlliver - 14 Dec 2005
Adrian Bowyer's Concise Hardware Guide:
- Make it with RP wherever possible.
- Make it as modular as possible.
- Make it as simple as possible.
- Make it as easy to repair as possible.
- Make it as cheap as possible
- Make it as reliable as possible.
- Make it as strong as possible.
- Make it as accurate as possible.
Those are in order of importance, so broadly a principle high on the list trumps one below. But remember it's a guide not a moral absolute... -- Main.VikOlliver - 28 Dec 2005