Two Axis Platform
- This is the most compact sturdy two axis platform I have been able to make. It is still not perfect and suffers from some (fairly minor) lash-back problems, but hopefully I will get round to re-designing it soon.
- As all the gearing is in the centre, any size of platform can be built around this central structure.
The worm gear is completely covered in vaseline, which makes it run much smoother.
Two Axis Platform Build Instructions
These CAD models were created in MLCad running under WINE in Linux.
Electronics & Motors
I am using generation one (PIC) electronics and some small stepper motors that have been modified to work with lego.
- LegoStrap - RepStrapping with Legos!
- Lego Axis Update!
- ± : a proof of concept for an extremely simple and lightweight RepStrap using a few LEGO parts
- Can the LEGO device pictured at the end of "Delta robot kinematics" by mzavatsky be converted to a Delta RepStrap by sticking a Bowden extruder on the end?
- "the world’s first fully functional autonomous self-replicating robot" was built using LEGO kits.
- Instructables: "3D chocolate printer made from LEGO" (Cartesian axes: xyz)
- Instructables: "Build a Polar 3-D Printer from Legos" (polar axes: rAz). Uses some kind of pneumatic frosting extruder?
Lego with K'nex: