Please note that the LulzBot AO-101 reached it's End of Life on May 2013 and is no longer available through LulzBot. You can find archived information on the AO-101 at Download.LulzBot.com. It has been replaced with the LulzBot TAZ.
The Lulzbot AO-101 is a tweaked version of the RepRap MendelMax 3D printer. Most of the changes made were for strength, precision, and longevity. Otherwise, the Lulzbot AO-101is very similar to the popular MendelMax build.
Here you will find more info about the printer, where you can buy one, how to get your Lulzbot printer setup and running, and version updates.
The AO-101 is an assembled 3D printer including all of the needed hardware and electronics to print ABS and PLA plastic and Laywoo-d3 wooden 3D parts. With simple modifications it can print in polycarbonate.
- Usable Print Area: 200mm x 190mm x 100mm (7.9in x 7.5in x 3.9in)
- Top Print Speed: 200mm/sec (7.9in/sec)
- Print Tolerance: 0.2mm (0.008in) in X and Y axes. Z axis is dependent on layer thickness
- Layer Thickness: 0.075mm (0.0029in) to 0.75mm (0.029in), with included nozzles
- Supported Materials: ABS and PLA plastic filaments
- Usable Filament Sizes: standard 3mm (0.1in) and 1.75mm (0.007in) with included accessory and setup
- Overall Dimensions: 464mm x 483mm x 381mm (18.3in x 19in x 15in)
- Weight: 8.18kg (18lbs)
- Power Requirements: 110 - 220 VAC, with USA power cord
- Temperature: Maximum operating temperature (Extruder), 240C
- Temperature: Maximum operating temperature (Heated Bed), 120C
- Complete documentation including a detailed manual with information for unpacking the printer, setup, downloading and using software, and starting your first print.
- Mountable Spool Holder
- Filament Feedtube
- Filament Feedtube Holder
- Startup supply of ABS filament, Natural, 3mm dia., 5lbs (2.3kg)
- Toolkit bag
- Allen Wrenches: 1.27mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm
- Combination Wrenches: 5.5mm, 13mm, 18mm
- Pliers, Needle Nose
- X-acto Knife
- Dental Pick
- Flathead Bristle Brush
- Part Removal Knife (clam knife)
- Metric Ruler
- PET Sheet
- Acetone-safe Bottle (acetone not included)
- Nozzles: 0.5mm installed, includes 0.25mm and 0.35mm nozzles
- PTFE Tube for 1.75mm Filament
- 90 Day Warranty
- 1 Year Support
Firmware files have the default settings configured for the LulzBot printers. The only thing you will need to change are the e-steps. The e-steps settings for you printer can be found on the printer information sheet you should have received with the printer. If you do not have this sheet, please send us a message including your printer number (p#) and we can get a copy of it to you.