The current version of Ormerod is Ormerod 2. For the original Ormerod see below.
The RepRapPro Ormerod design is from RepRapPro. The machine is a fast to assemble, networked 3D printer with non-contact bed probe for full geometric compensation.
Its primary design goal is to offer a printer which is easy to expand in functionality, fast to replicate, and fast to assemble and to commission. This new model builds on the already established designs and technical advances which have undergone brisk development and heavy testing since the RepRap Project‘s inception in 2004.
The RepRapPro Ormerod is a monochrome 3D printer configured to work with one type of plastic at a time. However, RepRapPro Ormerod is fundamentally designed to work with three deposition heads and an upgrade kit will be available soon for this machine to allow it to print multiple materials and colours.
- Fully open-source self-replicating RepRap
- 32-bit Arduino-compatible Duet electronics enable control via a web-browser
- Wiring loom for simple plug-in connection – no soldering
- IR probing for self-aligned printing – no bed adjustment required
- Build volume: 200x200x200mm
- Overall size: 500x460x410mm
- Weight: 6 Kg
- Printing materials: PLA, ABS. 1.75mm diameter thermoplastic
- Build surface: PCB-heated bed to reduce complexity of assembly and to ensure parts do not warp
- Computer interfaces: USB and Ethernet
- Motion: Linear ball bearings on X, Y and Z axes
- Pre-soldered electronics with built-in microSD card slot for standalone printing
Named after Eleanor Anne Ormerod.
RepRapPro Hardware Kit (everything except the printed parts)
Printing Material Suppliers List PLA, ABS. 1.75mm diameter thermoplastic
RepRap Ltd - Spare parts, components and consumables
Official build instructions:
You can use google translate for different language versions.
User contributed translations
User-submitted translation of Ormerod build documentation:
Submitted by Fedir Sid (21/4/2014): Ukrainian (not virus checked)
Ormerod owner assembly hints and difficulties
- Y axis assembly
- Z axis assembly
- Y carriage
- X axis assembly
- X axis mounting
- Heated bed assembly
- Heated bed wiring
- Extruder drive assembly
- Hot end assembly
- Power wiring
- Axis compensation
Ormerod owner improvements
Legacy Ormerod 1
Build instructions: Ormerod 1 English