RepRap history

From RepRapWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

RepRaps History

Graph of working RepRaps

The numbers in between the [brackets] are just guesses.

Spring 2007 - The first RepRap Darwin was finished. Its RP parts were made in a Stratasys Dimension.

[1]

During that summer we made four or five sets of parts for the machine in the Stratasys and sent them to RepRap team members round the world.

30 September 2007 - Vik Olliver in New Zealand finished the second Darwin.

[3]

Around Christmas 2007 - A number of people start to make wooden and lasercut copies of Darwin. The Bath RepRap Lab also supplied a Stratasys-printed set of Darwin parts to Ian Adkins of Bits from Bytes, who created silicone moulds from them and started selling Darwin copies made by PU moulding.

[8]

February 21, 2008 - Zach Smith (now also of MakerBot) gets his Darwin working.

[20]

February 22, 2008 - Ponoko have a lasercut version of Darwin.

Spring 2008 - Lots of the wooden and moulded Darwin-type Repstraps are working, and people start using them to print RepRaps.

April 2008 - Nophead starts printing Darwin parts on his Repstrap Hydraraptor.

[60]

29 May 2008 - Vik Olliver's Darwin has made a full set of parts for another Darwin; these are assembled in New Zealand and finally tested when he visits at Bath University in the UK. This is the first true RepRap replication.

[100]

Summer 2009 - RepRap Mendel introduced.

[400]

Around this time Nophead, I, and many others went into serious production selling reprapped sets of parts for RepRaps made in RepRap machines on Ebay etc.

Summer 2010

[1500]

Spring 2011

Nophead alone has made over 100 RepRaps for other people. I have made over 50.

[4000]

Files