- Board built
- Teacup firmware ported
- Testing underway! see video
Note: this is a work in progress. Expect changes!
Specification (v0.1 prototype)
- GPL V2.0
- low cost
- evolution of Sanguinololu
- 4 axis stepper controller
- 32 bit ARM Cortex M0 64KB Flash 8K RAM
- extruder temperature controller (FET + thermistor)
- heated bed temperature controller (FET + thermistor)
- micro SD card
- modular stepper drivers for easier replacement, choice of drivers
- compatible with Pololu A4988 or Stepstick
- compatible with A4982/A4985 "stretchstick"
Possible Changes for v0.2
- use 64 pin Cortex M0 with 128KB Flash (Freescale Kinetis KL25)
- built in USB
- optional on board stepper drivers
- software selectable stepper modes
- software selectable current control
- extra headers for expansion, LCD, keypad etc
- dual footprints to allow cheaper connectors
Baseboard : £18 / $29 Four stepper drivers: £4.70 x 4 = £18.80 Total cost : ~ £36-40
Stepsticks are selling very cheap on ebay at £4.40 / $7.20 for A4983 version, or £5.80 / $9.50 for A4988 including free shipping.
Estimated cost for Stretchstick-A4985 is £4.50 in quantity of 10, if you prefer DIY.
Lowest total cost baseboard + 4 drivers = £18 + 4 x £4.50 = £36 ($58).
All costs exclude taxes, shipping. Exchange rate on 19/09/2012, 1 USD = 0.616651 GBP.
An evolution of the Stepstick using a TSSOP package and larger SMT parts to allow easier DIY construction. The module pin assignment is compatible with Stepstick.
- Allegro A4982 or A4985
- 0805 SMT components
Estimated cost for Stretchstick-A4985 is £4.50 in quantity of 10.