Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Software Project

Posted by Kortal 
Software Project
October 13, 2011 10:45AM
Hello please excuse me on my software knowledge as i have only just started in the vast world of software, so i have recently started constructing a RepRap Prusa Mendel Machine as part of a College project with a small group of friends. Could anybody help us in what software we will need and any other software related requirements to make our RepRap Machine functional.

Thanks any help would be appreciated smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2011 10:52AM by Kortal.
Re: Software Project
October 13, 2011 11:04AM
I personally use skeinforge for creating my gcode, pronterface for communication with my printer and marlin as firmware on my gen6 board and I am very happy with my setup.

I used to have skeinforge, repsnapper and fiveD which worked ok.
Re: Software Project
October 13, 2011 12:34PM
Hey Kortal,

I'm running pretty much what Lars_A is running. I'm using SFACT right now, which is a fork of skeinforge. It was really amazing how easy it was to get a really decent print after changing just a few settings, compared to just straight skeinforge.

I used to use repsnapper as well, but I find pronterface much nicer. Especially if you are using windows on your host computer.

As for firmware, I hear really good things about Marlin for the Gen6 boards and such, but if you're going with RAMPS or Sanguinulolu, sprinter seems to be the standard. I use sprinter and I really like it.

Hope this helped and good luck!

bdcannon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login