Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Literature Review

Posted by Andy Lee 
Literature Review
March 28, 2008 03:57PM
Hello fellow reprap builders

I'm new to this forum so I'll introduce myself. I'm a senior studying electronics and product design at San Francisco State university. I'm writing a research paper on 3d printers and I was wonder if you could help me out. I'm curious to know what journals and trade mags do people publish there work in? OR What journals and magazines do you read to stay up todate on the topic of 3d printers, cnc machines, and rapid prototyping equipment?

kind regards

Andy Lee
Re: Literature Review
March 28, 2008 09:52PM
LOL! I think that I can say that we don't read too much about the world of professional 3D printing, or I don't anyway, we just do it. smileys with beer
March 28, 2008 11:33PM
As Forrest said, you'll find that most of us are hobbyists with little or no professional background in this field. My trade magazines are the RepRap builder's blog and the individual build blogs of several community members, and my peer-reviewed journal of choice is this forum winking smiley.
March 29, 2008 12:29AM
seattlerobotics.org, arduino.cc, a whole lot of other robotics sites discovered through googling various topics.

I find that trade journals spend too much time discussing what other people are doing, and not nearly enough discussing how you can do those things for yourself, so not much good for learning.
March 29, 2008 01:57AM
Perhaps more helpful...

Rapid Prototyping Journal (journal)

Solid Freeform Fabrication Symposiums (proceedings of)

Computer Aided Design (journal)

Contemporary Polymer Chemistry (journal)

Journal of Design and Manufacturing (journal)

Rapid Prototyping Report (journal)

Many others...Sorry, don't have that much time. You can find a shit-ton of info in the book Sebastian posted about elsewhere.

[www.abebooks.com]

I bought it and just did a quick skim of the sources section to give you those above. Much more interesting stuff inside. Also, the price is right at 16.95 US.

Demented
March 30, 2008 05:20PM
Thanks for all the help. I appreciate the variety of responses.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login