Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder pinch wheel - New Orca confused smiley

Posted by Lucastar 
Extruder pinch wheel - New Orca confused smiley
December 17, 2011 05:20AM
Does anyone know where to get the extruder pinch wheel that is fitted to the mendel-parts.com Orca v0.3 stepper without going through Mendel-parts?

I'm looking to purchase them in batches of 10-20 for a production run of Orca 0.3's - but I don't even know the manufacturer or the real name for them.

If anyone can help, I would be very grateful.

I am also looking at selling Orca v0.3 basic kits in the next couple of weeks - but with a couple of modifications - mine will also allow you to fit a standard reprap extruder. If anyone is interested, please PM me.

BTW I'm in York, UK - not in China or India! So postage should be preferable for the UK market.

Cheers

Aidan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2011 05:21AM by Lucastar.
Re: Extruder pinch wheel - New Orca confused smiley
December 17, 2011 08:28AM
I'm sure I saw something about them being made by an engineering company. Its just a properly made version of the hobbed bolt so i'd guess you'd need to get someone to make them for you. I'd guess they're pretty cheap to have made in reasonable volumes.
Best feature i'd like to see on an orca is delivery. If it actually gets to my door i'll be over the moon! Good luck with the business.
Pete
December 17, 2011 09:16AM
Just to add to this. I was wondering if these could be used instead of a hobbed bolt [www.ebay.co.uk]. You could either thread the motor shaft to M5 (I'm guessing that would be hard work!) or build some sort of connector. They could be soldered onto an M5 brass nut pretty easily and then coupled to the motor output shaft, maybe even using a moulded coupler. Thoughts? I've seen the bulk cost at £22/1000 so a very very cheap part!
p
December 18, 2011 03:46PM
I read about this site [www.maritime-models.co.uk] and I've bought a couple of them at less than two pounds each. But I have not yet received them so I cannot provide more info.

misan
December 25, 2011 07:24PM
I have received and installed the brass insert in a direct drive extruder and it works nicely. I can recommend it.

[www.thingiverse.com]

misan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2011 07:25PM by misan.
December 29, 2011 11:16AM
Ok, now I have everything working, not without some trouble as direct drive of 3mm filament for 0.5mm nozzle needs more than 1A for a Zapp Automation 1684B stepper.

More info and video: [fightpc.blogspot.com]

misan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2012 06:53AM by misan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login