Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

STL files complete?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
STL files complete?
June 28, 2007 10:16AM
Hi All,

I have been wathching this forum for a while and plan to begin assembling a RepRap later this summer. In the meantime, I have limited access to a 3d printer and have been gathering the RP parts. I have nearly all the parts printed except a few, which I cannot find .stl files for.

Is the "x-axis square jig" file in the current download and I am just overlooking it? Also, regarding the fan leg and base files listed in the BOM, are these files in the .stl package or is it intended that they are specific to the fan actually used requiring the user to model thier own?

Thanks for the info and for this exciting project.
Re: STL files complete?
June 29, 2007 11:45AM
I'm in the same boat. I've been building up a set of Darwin parts using my school's strat, and I was wondering about the absence of those three parts. I downloaded the .stl's again in case I lost them somehow, but still can't find them.
June 29, 2007 12:04PM
i pinged eD, the guy who designed most of the parts. we'll get this sorted out =)
July 02, 2007 12:41PM
OK, this is a strange omission. I'll check it out this week. Cheers for the ping Zach...

eD
July 10, 2007 11:09AM
The object release 1.1.1 is dated May, so it appears it hasn't been updated. There are a few parts tagged rp in the BOM that are not in the object file. There are also a few stl files that don't appear on the BOM.

I went through the BOM and the 1.1.1 object file. Here are the mismatches I found:

In BOM, but not in object file 1.1.1:
Fan base
Fan leg
Hex drive
X-PCB Bracket

In object file, but not in BOM:
X-caliper-mount.stl
y-caliper-head-clamp.stl
y-caliper-mount.stl
y-pulley-toothed.stl
z-belt-splicer.stl
z-caliper-head-clamp.stl
z-caliper-mount.stl
z-studding-tie.stl
z-toothed-ulley.stl

Happily, it shouldn't be too hard to clear this up. It appears to just be some simple bookkeeping.
July 12, 2007 09:51AM
Hi!

Thanks for that. I'm afraid I've been suffereing from broken computers and haven't been able to fix this yet. It is on my list and will be done asap. Will post with updates when complete.

eD
July 12, 2007 10:00AM
No worries, Ed. I am, like everybody else, rabidly impatient, but there's no reason I can't wait. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login