Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How is support going to work for Mendel?

Posted by spacexula 
How is support going to work for Mendel?
March 21, 2010 12:19AM
Makerbot has a HUGE amount of traffic on their user group of people asking for help. How are we going to handle all the Mendel tech support issues that are coming up?

Seriously we have 3-4 sources of manufactured boards, 2-3 ways to shield boards, and you could just solder it yourself.

All of us are using different steppers, different wires... it's going to be a mad house.

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
Re: How is support going to work for Mendel?
March 21, 2010 02:59AM
one of the differences between makerbot and mendel is it forces you to know a lot more about making it than does a makerbot. If you can make a mendel then for the most part you can troubleshoot it.

though, I have to say im having some issues with my mendel that i may eventualy need some help with but.... we shall see smiling smiley
March 21, 2010 04:18AM
Makerbot has a HUGE amount of traffic on their user group of people asking for help. How are we going to handle all the Mendel tech support issues that are coming up?

Really good documentation in the wiki.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
March 21, 2010 06:21PM
I suggest a troubleshooter area in the wiki, Sebastion. If similar issues are listed together, along with a workthrough and resolution, if arrived at, patterns will reveal themselves, whatever the parts combinations.
Makerbot, as a commercial operator, have statutory warranty and support obligations as well as sustaining their business through maintaining their reputation. Independent Darwin and Mendel builders have Adrian and the core group beating a path, but there's a lower expectation of being able to plug and play.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login