Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepper Motors I bought off Ebay (Sanyo Denki)

Posted by Waiasaur 
Stepper Motors I bought off Ebay (Sanyo Denki)
October 19, 2010 10:08PM
I just purchased 4 stepper motors, type 103H5208-0842 Sanyo Denki off ebay and was wondering if anybody else got the same thing. It comes with a gear attached to the shaft and I want to know what is the pitch of the gear. I think its 0.080" but I cannot be sure because I have no precision measuring tools on hand. I need to match timing belts to these suckers.
Re: Stepper Motors I bought off Ebay (Sanyo Denki)
October 20, 2010 01:35AM
Assuming it's a gear for tooth belts, you can take a second estimate by measuring the diameter at the top of the teeth:

perimeter = PI * diameter
pitch = perimeter / number of teeth = diameter * PI / number of teeth

That should be sufficient precisely, as there is only a finite number of available pitches. Another solution would be to go to a workshop and ask the people there for a measurement, of course.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

October 20, 2010 06:00AM
Wrap a piece of paper around the teeth and rub the paper with a pencil which marks the teeth. The open out the paper and measure the distance between say 10 teeth and divide by 10. It should be close enough.
October 22, 2010 04:56AM
i tried both methods and came out to something with a low of 0.068" and a high of 0.071". The only possible standard sized belt that is even close is MXL 0.08" so I guess that's what I'll go for.

Thanks for the replies!

Wai
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login