Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

firmware help

Posted by nonaak 
firmware help
October 25, 2010 03:21PM
Hi all.

I'm Aldrik Koster and i live in Eindhoven, Nederland.

I planing to make a Reprap. i bay olrady everyting that i need to bild one. i just waiting until UPS bring all the pices to my adress.

the electric i have olraidy, so i was looking olraidy to the firmware. But it ids not so easy than i thogt.
is there a guide some were that discribe all steps better?
and whits firmware is the best to begin whit?

olso i have a old litel cnc machine, a projekt that i never finest. i plan to take a arduino whit stepperscontrollers to make it work, whit a simpler reprap firmware code. Can some body help me how to or a site whit some body that did it before whit a better guide aboud the firmware.
i did a lot google but all what i see was just to difeculd or just not what i thinking of
A simple firmware whit STEP/DIR control + G-code from SD, just to undersand how it works'

thanks all
Re: firmware help
October 25, 2010 07:08PM
Hi Nonaak
There are others here from the Netherlands that might be able to point you to better resources, but i'll chime in for now.

as far as i've seen, FiveD on Arduino is the best documented on the reprap wiki.

There is also this forum: [www.cnczone.com]
You might find your cnc answers there

Here's a blog about a cnc mill
[blog.onshoulders.org]

or here on the reprap wiki
[reprap.org]
October 31, 2010 06:18PM
thanks Buback for the fine info.
i post some qwesting to the dutch user groups, but no reactions so far.

I vind also the firmware Grbl made by Simon.
Afther a day traying i have sukses to put the firmware on my arduino.
the test in the hyper terminal i get the good responce back of the Grbl.

But now what?
Whits program can i best use to put the GCodes to the arduino whit Grbl firm.
i tray several programs but i dont arive to get any movement of the steppers.
I dont now exacly what i need. i belive a Cam software to make a drawing and that program make a Gcode of the drawing. than i have th put the Gcode to the Arduino. how do i that?

please help my whit that.

manny thanks
November 01, 2010 06:46AM
Aldrik, you can talk to the Arduino with any of the RepRap firmwares on it like to any other serial device. This includes minicom, GtkTerm, CoolTerm, HyperTerminal, and of course RepRap Host. Just set the baudrate right: 38400 for official FiveD, 115200 for FiveD on Arduino, don't know about the others. RepRap Host has a debug flag in it's preferences to make serial communications more visible.

If you think you have communications established, send a "M105" and it should send you back some temperature readout - even without any sensor connected. If you get readable characters, you're fine. Then you can try "G1 X10" and all the usual stuff to get motors moving. Oh, and don't disconnect motors while 12 volts is turned on - that can easily destroy your stepper driver.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login