Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

new website I found, prototypetoday.com

Posted by TimRuffner 
new website I found, prototypetoday.com
November 12, 2010 06:20PM
Its been a while since I posted here, been super busy. Anyways, I just started to advertise on this site…its fairly new and I thought this would be a great place to get some feedback on the site. I only advertise because it deals with prototyping. Check it out, register and let me know what you think and others. Do you think this site will materialise into something? I just don’t want to keep wasting advertising dollars, but I do like the fact that I can be first to advertise and have that great position and banner well quite frankly, for super cheap lol.

I look forward to hearing what you think.

Here is the site. [www.prototypetoday.com ]

Seems like ZoomRP aka Solid Concepts is also now advertising on the site.

Tim Ruffner
[gpiprototype.com ]
Re: new website I found, prototypetoday.com
November 12, 2010 07:55PM
Looks like zero content of use, just an advert mill. Are you seeing something I am not? If it's just an advert mill this thread should likely be deleted.

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
November 15, 2010 10:45AM
Hi Spacexula,

Not quite sure what an advert mill is lol.

What I do know is my company is advertising on the site, well because we deal with prototypes. Because you guys, and reprap being such a part of this industry I thought it would be useful. There is a directory of all the machine manufactures, people who use those machines and also a school of those who teach the technology.

Im confused on what you are talking about exactly as an advert mill considering there are only 2 ads on the whole site now. Its brand new site which I just said. The forums arent up yet, but there are videos, directories, news and a job board. I think it can be something viable, but thats why I am here asking your opinion.

Tim
http://gpiprototype.com
November 15, 2010 01:38PM
Tim:

Both gpiprototype.com and prototypetoday.com are registered to the same company, so I somewhat doubt you are paying to advertise there.

You should decide whether it is "Gallaway" (web site) or "Galloway" (registrations). Also, check the administrative contact for gpianatomicals.com, since the address is inconsistent.

Reported as spam.
November 16, 2010 03:57PM
Been a while since you posted here TimRuffner? What was your previous username then?

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
November 16, 2010 06:21PM
Tim,

RepRap is about open source 3D printers.

It is somewhat inappropriate to use our forum to advertise a website that hosts press releases (aka "marketing" aka "ads" ) for closed source 3D printers.

And there does seem to be some confusion about whether or not you own that website.

I'm going to abuse my forum-dictator powers and lock this thread before it rages out of control. smiling bouncing smiley

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.