Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm not little, I'm fun-sized!

Posted by kodify 
I'm not little, I'm fun-sized!
December 17, 2010 01:37AM
Random thought... a half-size reprap with all parts precision machined, appropriate reductions, etc... would print half-size models. It wouldn't even necessarily know that the models being printed were half-size. What if everyone is printing differently sized parts?
Just a thought.
Great... now I really want a really... really... really tiny reprap.

How to know what you're printing:... print a ruler... or something of a fixed known size to the reference reprap. n.n Same with scanning.

My real post will be forthcoming. As an aside, if people wish to drag this offtopic... so be it.

Oh and random... www.brlcad.org (Just look... you'll understand why I posted it.)
Re: I'm not little, I'm fun-sized!
December 17, 2010 02:33AM
Yup.

http://reprap.org/wiki/Huxley smiling bouncing smiley

Folk like it, but we're fussy on whether or not it is good value compared to a full grown mendel.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
VDX
December 17, 2010 03:22AM
... only 'drawback' with halfsize parts is the diameter of the outputted filament - you can reduce the size of the frame, but the nozzle-diameter is defined by physical parameters, what's not really scalable confused smiley

So you'll have half-size objects with the same accuracy as the 1:1 ones, or you'r detail quality will reduce by the same factor eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2010 03:24AM by VDX.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
December 17, 2010 03:25AM
Plus it costs almost as much to build as a Mendel.

The only advantage is it's possible to print a set of RP parts for the Huxley much faster and of course it is more portable for taking to shows, meets, show & tell, etcetera.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login