Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What to build?

Posted by bazookabo 
What to build?
January 28, 2011 05:07AM
I'm planning to build a Reprap, I have read up on most things but I'm not sure that I have figured out what is the best version to build. smiling smiley

1, What is the most future proof version of reprap right now, is it Pursa?
2, Should i go for a Plastruder that can use different sizes of filament or is there a "best" one?
3, A kit, is there a kit that i can buy that fulfills the 2 questions above?! smiling smiley

I have been looking at Prusa Mendel - Metric, [www.makergear.com] is that maby an answer to all my questions?! smiling smiley

Best regards.

/Bo, sweden
Re: What to build?
January 28, 2011 06:14PM
Yeah the kit is good. It's a little more than if you source the parts yourself, but if the stress saved is worth it to you, it's a good option.
Re: What to build?
January 28, 2011 06:19PM
Hi Bo,
That's a very astute assessment of the current situation, and, to me, you have narrowed it down to one of the best distilations of all of the possible variations out there. If I had some spare cash I'd order that one in the morning, just to have an excellent starting point! smiling smiley

As to how future proof it is... If you can predict which direction this development is going to go, you'd have your answer! It's future proof in that it has adaptable electronics (in as much as I can determine - there are mighty experts to give views on that on here), and if/when greater inovation in mechanical design takes place, it can print the improvements, I'm sure! smiling smiley

I can tell you have the bug!

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the journey! smiling smiley

regards,
No.6

[numbersixreprap.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login