Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parts Lister Down?

Posted by jdownj 
Parts Lister Down?
February 02, 2011 01:48PM
I am in the process of building a set of Gen3 electronics to be the start of a Mendel. I am currently working on the stepper drivers. When I click the parts list button from the wiki page I arrive at the Reprap Parts Lister site, which displays no content other than a smattering of PHP/MySQL errors. So this prompts a couple of questions:

1) Somebody tracking that?

2) Has that site been superseded? If so by what, so myself/someone can get their project on and update the wiki?

3) I have VPS hosting space to spare if the project could benefit from it.

4) Am I just a moron that has missed something staring me in the face? It has happened before.

J
Re: Parts Lister Down?
February 02, 2011 04:13PM
The parts lister was abandoned some time back. The mendel bill of materials:
[reprap.org]

Does have a page on the electronics including part numbers and suppliers.

However, the Gen3 electronics are obsolete. You may want to look at RAMPS and Gen6 instead, both of which have less to go wrong.
Re: Parts Lister Down?
February 03, 2011 08:13AM
Thanks! Ill see if I can make changes to the wiki to add that link.

On the subject of the electronics, I am not completely understanding the "superiority" of the Gen6/RAMPS. It is my understanding that Gen6 is electrically compatible, but on one PCB. Drivers/MOSFETS IMO should be separated from the micro-controller/digital logic, due to the accidents that can easily befall a driver/MOSFET in an experimental environment. RAMPS looks nice, however I am already invested in Gen3 hardware, and I will also be working on developing control equipment that is not Arduino-based, so having discrete stepper drivers makes more sense in that application. Also a factor is that I am hoping my experimentation will result in something that benefits the community, so being easy to retrofit to the large installed base of RepRap/Cupcake machines would make the most sense.

Thanks for the help!
J
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login