Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hot tip design - E machine Shop - Plz help design

Posted by owism8 
Hot tip design - E machine Shop - Plz help design
May 07, 2011 09:32AM
Hello All.

I was thinking to get a quote from Emachine to machine the parts needed for: Adrians extruder hot tip: [reprap.org]

Unfortunately they wont take just the drawing show above, they want it to be drawn in their software.

Can someone volunteer to use their software to make the design: [www.emachineshop.com]

Then the community can just order the parts and benefit from the cheap manufacturing of the parts rather than ordering from vendors for $75.

This is ofcourse if the emachine job comes out to be less than $75.

Hot tips as we all know end up being the heart of the machine, lets focus here and we can benefit the community at a larger scale. Especially those who don't have mills or machines to shape our own parts.

Thanks all for your help!
Re: Hot tip design - E machine Shop - Plz help design
May 07, 2011 02:41PM
Contact CdnReprap by PM. He makes the Adrian extruders. I bought that from him and the push-fit one with PEEK/PTFE insulator.
May 07, 2011 02:51PM
Thanks Brnrd. Yeah my techzone one melted... Seems like the thermocouple heated up too much and melted the silicone cement. Which it shouldnt have because it should handle up to 500C. My tip was up to 245C. Could it be that I was checking the temp every 3 seconds? I don't see why this is an issue though.

I dunno, I want to become a manufacturer of kits because there are so few companies out there right now who are doing a decent job. The only ones I know of which have a good reputation are Makerbot, and Up!

Anyone want to start one with me? cool smiley
May 07, 2011 03:52PM
TZ's firmware for the A-D had a bug that would overheat the tip if the reading ever exceeds 255. I wonder if they fixed it yet.

The kit from Cdnreprap is very good. He prints the plastic parts with a commercial printer. Some people who cares about pedigree probably won't like that. But if you mainly care about form and function, then it's a good choice. Note that I'm just a satisfied costumer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login