Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

G-Code file - Missing data, Low Extrusion, G0 Z0. Anyone else?

Posted by RepRapRaj83 
G-Code file - Missing data, Low Extrusion, G0 Z0. Anyone else?
June 27, 2011 11:25AM
Hi,

Hope all are well.

Would any forum users be able to provide example .gcode files used for printing. Im having trouble getting my extruder to work correctly when loading gcode files through RepRap host and RepSnapper.

I am currently using SF41 to slice files and have tried to load these using RepRap Host and RepSnapper. At the moment I have not been able to print successfully. (Win 7, Gen 3 Electronics, Adrians extruder, SF41)

I have attached the file which have tried to print. Would any forum users be able to let me know if they have had success with printing from similar looking gcode files. From looking at the file, i think there may be printing problems for the following reasons.

1. There are not 5 instructions per line of code. Im not sure if this matters but should there be an F instruction in front of every E instruction?

2. The E instruction is low - As SF41 needs E_STEPS_PER_MM outlined for feedstock, i would expect this number to be small, how small, i'm not sure. When extrude commands are sent manually in RepSnapper, an accurate amount of extruder activity is seen. I do have problems extruding in RepRap Host, lots of vibration/skipping and nothing extruded. I would increase the POT but if it works OK in RepSnapper, there should be no need to increase it (or should there?)

3. Start.gcode - I have an M command as the first instruction on the file.

4. G0 Z0 - has anyone else had problems with G0 Z0 commands in their files.

any input would be appreciated.

Thanks to all on the forum

Raj

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2011 11:27AM by RepRapRaj83.
Attachments:
open | download - test_export.gcode (27.8 KB)
Re: G-Code file - Missing data, Low Extrusion, G0 Z0. Anyone else?
June 27, 2011 11:42AM
I don't think there shouldn't be a semicolon in front of any thing in the gcode.

I think your replace.csv file is probably incorrect. A list of the commands to be removed is all that is necessary.

I removed all the commands with the semicolon in front of them from your test file. See if that helps.

The g-code looks pretty normal otherwise. There is no necessity for an f and e code on every line, unless the head speed changes on every line.

When given along side the g1 x/y command, the quantity extruded (E) is averaged out over the move by the firmware. SF knows this and calculates E accordingly for a given linear distance.
Attachments:
open | download - test_export.gcode (27.3 KB)
June 27, 2011 11:50AM
A semi-colon is the start of a comment and allowed in gcode.
By using "M101" TAB ";M101" in replace.csv you can see what was COMMENTED OUT!

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
June 27, 2011 12:25PM
aha. I don't include the comments so I didn't recognize it :p
June 27, 2011 03:50PM
Hi Andrew, Bob,

Thank you both for the input. It looks as if extruder issues are being caused by one too many or one too few commands in my compiled code.

I'll give the updated gcode a try tomorrow, along with a test file without any comments.by adding/removing codes from each file, i should be able to get one of them working. Fingers crossed smiling smiley!

Thanks again to you both

Raj
June 28, 2011 08:53AM
I tried to print with an older gcode file which has proved to be much more sucessful than earlier print attempts.

This file did not have any code commented out. As this worked for me i have started to remove comments from this file.

Picture attached of 2 attempt prints of a minimug. The first print on the left had a good base layer but stopped after 4 layers. M101 was commented out from the gcode. The second print gave 12 layers before stopping printing. This was around the point of a M103 code.

I will continue to look into this and get back with an update.

Thanks again to all on the forum who have helped me get to where i am. Still a way off but moving forwards.

Raj
Attachments:
open | download - Picture0004.jpg (33.2 KB)
June 28, 2011 09:04AM
You also must comment out "M108 S", "M103" and "M105"!

You create replace.csv (with Tabs between the two columns):
M108 S	;M108 S
M101	;M101
M103	;M103
M105	;M105

and place it in your ALTERATIONS directory for Skeinforge.
Under windows this is:

c:\Users[USERNAME]\.skeinforge\alterations\Replace.csv

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
June 29, 2011 10:30AM
Hi Bob,

I had originally saved my replace.csv file in the format you've outlined which is when i started to have problems with my extruder. At the same point i updated my start.gcode file so i'm amending this to the standard start code from Repsnapper.

Thanks

Raj
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login