Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

lulzbot company feedback

Posted by zomie 
lulzbot company feedback
October 21, 2011 07:24PM
I figured I would share some customer feedback about a mid US reprap dealer. They are based out of Colorado so they provide some extremely quick shipments across the west which is great when you are in CA and have been ordering parts from Europe for way to long smiling smiley

I ordered from them in the past for emergency fixes such as electronics which I accidentally fried. They shipped same day and overnighted the package with no difficulties at all.

Recently I ordered a RAMPS 1.2 for a Prusa Mendel I was building out. I built it from scratch so of course you would expect issues. After several days of hacking at it I still couldn't get the z axis to move. The thread on here is here:
[forums.reprap.org]

Eventually I spotted there was a soldering issue on the board. I emailed them that night explaining the issue I ran into quoting that thread on the reprap forums. I had 2 emails from Jeff there in the morning. He apologized and asked for more photos of the board to track down the QA issue. I took the photos and send them back. He quickly spotted that the board had been pulled for being defective and it was basically a routing error as the board should have never made it out. He then forwarded me photos of their production area (http://www.alephobjects.com/photos/hq/week_18/DSC_0195-1024.html) explaining their experience in that area and insuring me that they would make efforts to make sure this never happened again. It was basically an early production run board that just got misplaced. Things happen right? In order to help clear up the issue they shipped out a RAMPS 1.41 board that day with a tracking number no charge smiling smiley

I got a pretty serious upgrade for it and they handled it very well.

Now I have another RAMPS board for a dual head printer coming up smiling smiley

If you get a chance I would highly recommend them. I will be doing business there again:
[www.lulzbot.com]
Re: lulzbot company feedback
October 22, 2011 08:03AM
Count me in as another satisfied costumer. I ordered their assembled hotend, Budaschnozzle, and it arrived quickly. It is very well made, cheap, and it works great! Very good thermal isolation between the hotend and the cold end and it can extrude fast and with little force probably as a result of the all aluminum hot end and large heater block.

Note that it's wide where it meets the extruder so you might have trouble fitting into the x carriage if you're using the older design extruder like the original Wade or Adrian geared extruder that offsets the nozzle by 10 mm to one side. But most of the newer designs like Prusa's or Greg's version of Wade have the nozzle centered so they work fine.
Re: lulzbot company feedback
November 12, 2011 09:16PM
I've purchased 5 stepper motors and the Budaschnozzle 1.0 with a .5 mm and 0.35 nozzles and the PTFE tubes for both 3.00 and 1.75 mm extrusion and I am very satisfied.

Roy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login