Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Got Lucky!

Posted by zomie 
Got Lucky!
January 21, 2012 05:18AM
Today, I got in a new hotend after a therm disaster for my Pursa. I assembled everything and attached a new small 30mm fan to the hotend grills to chill it off as directed for pla. Well like an idiot in my rush I added electrical tap around the pot's electrical leads after soldering them which i set up for speed control. Well of course as soon as I turn it on and it starts printing the pot fell loose and shorted out x axis pololu driver with 5 volts.

Where is north cal are you going to get a pololu driver over the weekend? Basically you are stuck waiting for at least a week from a US vendor. Well I had an old pololu I fried from before.

I managed remove the smd resisters from the one with the fried chip on to the one I just smoked and bam a working pololu.

The moral of the story ... being a packrat saved my ars.

I do have replacements on their way from Denmark but after customs that is a 2-4 week endeavor.
Re: Got Lucky!
January 25, 2012 12:39AM
Why Denmark? Pololu is in Las Vegas and they do same day shipping.

[www.pololu.com]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.Robosprout.com RepRap Mendel parts and accessories.
Message if there is anything you need...I have more than what is listed on my site.
Located in the Spokane, WA / Coeur d'Alene, ID area.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login