Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Too hot ?

Posted by Rooski 
Too hot ?
February 14, 2012 04:42PM
so today i installed a new mosfet and my heater block was warming up properly now , i opened up pronterface and loaded in some filament. i set the temp to 210 pla and let it heat up to around there , i kept pushing 1 mm of filament until it started extruding and i pushed another 10 after that. i then noticed that plastic was leaking out of the threads on the heat block. i unscrewed it all and pulled the rest of the filament out and this is what i have to deal with now.

Im wondering why it leaked , i had it nice and tight and the temp was between 200 and 215 . but the extrusion was very clear and liquid like. So im thinking it was too hot , meaning my temp table is probably off. any suggestions on what i should do from here ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2012 04:46PM by Rooski.
Attachments:
open | download - HotEndMelt.jpg (579.5 KB)
Re: Too hot ?
February 14, 2012 06:27PM
Is that a mendel-parts v6 hot end? If so you need to add brass washers (should come with it), plumbers tape and tighten it very hard if you don't want it leaking.

I have a few blogposts with more info about that hot end, here: [repraprip.blogspot.com]

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
Re: Too hot ?
February 14, 2012 07:54PM
i had the washers on the first time , plumbers tape is a good idea , ill put some of that on and post results.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login