Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PCB HBP MK1 Slow Heatup Time

Posted by Entropy 
PCB HBP MK1 Slow Heatup Time
April 16, 2012 01:51PM
Question for anyone with an MK1 or MK2 PCB heating build platform. How long does it take to get your bed up to temp? Its taking me approxiately ~15 minutes to go from ambient to 100C.

Just curious.

Anyone know if there are PID parameters specific to the bed in Marlin? I found ones for the hotend, but not for the bed. I was thinking of playing with those values to see if I can get faster heating. Thanks.
Re: PCB HBP MK1 Slow Heatup Time
April 16, 2012 06:57PM
It takes mine about 5 minutes to warm up. I do have insulation under it. I found an 'itch free' pipe wrap in the plumbing area in Lowe's, it's cotton with a foil backing. I'm using RAMPS 1.4 with an ebay 30A 12vdc power supply.
April 17, 2012 05:04AM
I DIY-ed my heated bed using 50 Ohm/m nichrome wires, 9 wires in parallel at 20cm each, held by kepton tape.

Without insulation underneath my aluminium plate, it can heat up to 110C in about 10mins. Since I'm printing PLA this is quite enough for me already. smiling smiley
April 17, 2012 05:58AM
I hope you are not heating to 110°C for PLA.
You should be using 60°C to a max of 70°C - no more!

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
April 17, 2012 06:24AM
LOL.. no, I was just testing how hot it could go.. and I found with my setting, the max temp was exactly 110C.. of course I set my bed to much lower for PLA.. I set it to 70, thats to account for the drop in temperature on the glass surface. I measured to be about 8-10C drop from the bottom of the plate to the glass top.
April 17, 2012 06:45AM
thumbs up

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login