Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print quality help

Posted by Kortal 
Print quality help
April 23, 2012 06:30AM
Hi all, i have recently finished building my RepRap prusa mendal with ramps 1.4, on sprinter running pronterface. I have tried to calibrate my printer to increase the accuracy of prints, if you look at the photos attached you will see that my printer is working but the quality of each layer is poor as there are blobs that ruin the print, how do i solve this issue?

Thanks for your time smiling smiley
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20120423_112117.jpg (492.5 KB)
open | download - IMG_20120423_112105.jpg (530.4 KB)
Re: Print quality help
April 23, 2012 09:07AM
It's hard to tell from the photos if those blobs are happening at the start and end of each thread. Did you watch your printer while it was printing those parts? If the pauses happen at random times in the middle of a thread, then you will get blobs. This could be due to communication issues between the host and the controller. If the blobs are at the start and end of each thread, then you should try adjusting you retract distance and hot end temperature. Ooze gets worse at lower temperatures where the melted filament gets viscous and builds up too much pressure at the tip. But the plastic starts to run if you increase the temperature too much. It does look to me like your nozzle might be too hot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2012 09:12AM by brnrd.
Kortal.0
April 23, 2012 10:46AM
The blobs are at the start and end of each thread, what should i adjust the retract distance to. At the moment my settings are at default for retract distance.

Thanks for your time
April 23, 2012 10:49AM
What's your nozzle temperature? This looks like ABS. Is it? If it's PLA, then you might need to blow air on your thermal break. What hot end are you using?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login