Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What Next?

Posted by fredted1234 
What Next?
June 02, 2012 12:15PM
I have just completed the RAMPS 1.3 Electronics, and now want to plug it into the computer to get the motors working. I have 1.8 steppers and will use 2.5 belts on them. I dont have the hot end or heated bed. But would still like to start the basics of the software.
Does anyone have any sudgestions of what to do next, I know little about the software side of things, but I would like to set it up so I can print accuratly as possible, not too worried about the time.
I think I have to put firmware onto the arduino 1st? Any sudjestions?
And then im guessing i can plug the ramps onto the arduino after. and use some kind of software to move the motors from the computer.
I probably also need some kind of software to cut the object to be printed into layers for printing. I think this is called slicer?
Thanks
Re: What Next?
June 02, 2012 05:26PM
If you have not already done so, check out the reprap calculator by Josef Prusa. You can perform calibration prior to assembly if you have the pulley/belt/lead screw data already available. The e-step/mm calibration will require the cold end of the extruder to be assembled.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login