Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

'the reprap kit store' ?

Posted by dridri85 
'the reprap kit store' ?
June 06, 2012 08:03AM
Hi,
I planned to buy my first 3D printer, and decided that the reprap is the best choice for me.
So, as it is my first one, I prefer to buy a complete kit to avoid errors. Then I found 'thereprapkitstore.co.uk', I sent an email a few days ago but I have no response.
Is this site still alive? Otherwise, is there another store which sell a complete kit for the same price?
Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2012 08:03AM by dridri85.

France.
Re: 'the reprap kit store' ?
June 06, 2012 08:22AM
Check RepRapBCN. We still have some kits in stock.

[www.reprapbcn.com]

Aprox. price £530.

You can contact us by mail reprapbcn@gmail.com. As we are located in Barcelona, we send to all EU.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2012 08:22AM by RepRapBCN.
June 06, 2012 08:36AM
Ok, it's a bit more expansive but still reasonable.
There is not any information about the kit itself, I understand that it is a full kit, but is there a few PLA/ABS plastic with it ? Or I also need to buy this?
June 06, 2012 08:41AM
Is a full kit with all you need to assembly your Prusa Mendel.

The kit includes linear bearings, heated bed, and PLA printed parts.

Moreover, printed parts in the extruder are made with our SLS machine (Poliamide).

You can see one of our workshop videos here:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2012 08:41AM by RepRapBCN.
June 06, 2012 08:42AM
thereprapkitstore.co.uk is still alive. I got an email from James this morning in reply to one I sent a few days ago. He said he was working through his email backlog.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
June 07, 2012 06:05AM
Well that's good to know because I'm still yet to hear from him, at least he's checking his emails.
June 07, 2012 06:42AM
Okay, thank you all.
June 07, 2012 08:56AM
By the way I ordered a kit from thereprapkitstore.com and got it very quickly because I live about 20 miles away from them but the linear bearings were missing which I'm still waiting for almost a week later, with no email response from the seller. Other than that the kit was excellent but communication is poor.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login