Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X , Y AXIS NOT CENTERED DRY RUN PRINT

Posted by khaiz21 
X , Y AXIS NOT CENTERED DRY RUN PRINT
June 12, 2012 12:07PM
Hey everyone, I have homed all my x , y, z axis's successfully using pronterface and they all stop when hitting the endstops. I then tried running a simple testprint.stl dry run to test the motors. I then notice it begins to print in the top left corner of my heat bed. What settings , configurations must I set to move it to the center of my PCB heat bed? The y and x axis motors continue to turn even at the edges of the rod. I'm using sprinter firm ware , ramps 1.4 board.

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2012 12:28PM by khaiz21.
Re: X , Y AXIS NOT CENTERED DRY RUN PRINT
June 12, 2012 12:41PM
What are you using to slice with? I had the issue when I first sliced an ".stl" file into gcode of it not printing where I wanted. In slic3r for example you can set the X Y coordinates of where you want the print to be. Do you have your print coordinates set correctly?

Also if by this

The y and x axis motors continue to turn even at the edges of the rod
you mean that the stage reaches it limits and keeps trying to move (crashing but motors keep stepping) then look for these settings in configuration.h

const bool min_software_endstops = false; //If true, axis won't move to coordinates less than zero.
const bool max_software_endstops = true; //If true, axis won't move to coordinates greater than the defined lengths below.
const int X_MAX_LENGTH = 200;
const int Y_MAX_LENGTH = 200;
const int Z_MAX_LENGTH = 100;

Set the max endstops to true and figure out how far you want to comfortably move.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2012 12:52PM by banthafodder7400.

Ryan
Quality Engineer & Hobbyist
thingsandtrains.blogspot.com
June 12, 2012 01:32PM
const bool min_software_endstops = false; //If true, axis won't move to coordinates less than zero.
const bool max_software_endstops = true; //If true, axis won't move to coordinates greater than the defined lengths below.
const int X_MAX_LENGTH = 200;
const int Y_MAX_LENGTH = 200;
const int Z_MAX_LENGTH = 100;

I set the x_max_lenght to 100
y max length to 100

When I ran the test print it did not crash at the edge and continue stepping.

Im using Slic3r version 0.7.1

Print center is x:100 y:100

but it continues to print in the corner of the heat bed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2012 01:32PM by khaiz21.
June 12, 2012 01:40PM
Why does the x axis move in the opposite direction of the endstopper when it begins printing? Is it looking for the x axis endstop? I homed all locations correctly when I used pronterface and all axis's stop when they hit the endstopper. For some reason it moves the other way when I begin running a test print and crashes at the edge (continues to step the motor).

I measured the PCB board and it is about 203.mm lenght and width. The settings in the sprinter firmware are correct 200mm x and 200mm y.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2012 01:41PM by khaiz21.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login