Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Botmill Glider - Chicago land - will pay for help!

Posted by fergusoptical 
Botmill Glider - Chicago land - will pay for help!
July 11, 2012 03:26PM
Hello, if any of you are in the Chicago metro area and would like to earn a little extra money I could use some help. I don't have anymore spare time or energy to spend.. This machine was purchases as a "plug and play" unit - but it never played. I cannot get my money back, and would really like to make some parts.

I managed to get the extruder to extrude, the hot end to stop clogging up, and the computer to control everything. But my parts are really bad. I don't want to spend any more time trouble shooting it - because I really don't know what I am doing. I don't feel confident changing firmware, upgrading parts, etc...

I would like to be able to print using black abs at the best possible resolution - on a regular basis - without having to trouble shoot every time I power the thing up.

I am ok paying for time, parts, and training - if anyone is confident they make this thing work properly.

FYI, I have a CNC router and can make really nice machined plastic parts for people if they want to trade.

Thanks, Chris Ferguson
chris@fergusonworks.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2012 03:27PM by fergusoptical.
Re: Botmill Glider - Chicago land - will pay for help!
July 11, 2012 04:10PM
Can you print functional parts, even though they may not be pretty? If you can, consider upgrading the various parts of the machine to Prusa v2. People are able to print very well with Sells Mendel, but I personally never got the hang of it, and find the Prusa much easier and more reliable.

The Y axis is simple to replace, as you only need four lm8uu holders.

The X axis is more difficult since the parts - especially the x ends - are big and can be a challenge to print.

The Z axis can be kept as is, if you can make it work good. With Prusa parts you need another nema 17 for the Z as well.

The hardware/vitamins should be interchangeable.

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
July 11, 2012 04:16PM
Have you given any thought to contacting Pumping Station: One? They're nearby and may be able to help you tune the machine.

EDIT

As luck would have it thy're having their automation night tonight - CNC, 3D printing, etc. You, sir may have perfect timing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2012 04:18PM by akhlut.

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
July 11, 2012 04:31PM
Thanks akhlut, I put a post on thier public mailing list. I wish I could get away to check out the meeting - but I am home with kiddos tonight while my wife is working.

Nudel, Thanks for the suggestions. Changing those parts and trying all of that out sounds like my nightmare... I want an expert to get me going in the right direction. - But so you know, I am not getting functional parts. They are bad..
July 11, 2012 04:50PM
There is no reason to change to Prusa parts. In most cases they are a down grade. I found the Sells Mendel much easier to get working than the Prusa. The advantage of the Prusa is less parts and easier assembly but since you already have the parts and it is assembled I wouldn't change them.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login