Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X-axis Skewed

Posted by tom10122 
X-axis Skewed
July 24, 2012 06:00PM
OK so I recently built my seemecnc 3d printer, which is based off the huxley so I am posting here. I posted on the their forum and they are knowledgable , but they only look at it once or twice a day. Anyways, it came with stock plastic bearings which had alot of wiggle with each axis. I printed out some linear bearings piece by piece and welded them together to get around the skew,i put them on and nothing is wiggling but the x-axis still has skew. I am using EMC2 with some chinese 4-axis board(tb6560). I am pretty sure it is calibrated well. There is a little backlash on the x-axis belt but I can't print anything to fix it. Plus it seems too skewed to be a little backlash. Heres some pictures, after the bearing upgrade it is to a lesser extent but still too skewed to print anything over 1cm if I'm lucky.

Re: X-axis Skewed
July 24, 2012 06:12PM
I really can't tell anything from those pictures, it might be useful if you could post better pictures.

However Skew is usually a function of either a mechanical problem or an issue with the drivers.
If it's mechanical which is the easiest to check, it's either binding or just an axis with too much friction.
If you have an original H1 kit they come with plastic idlers for the belt on the XAxis, I found that if the X axis belt is at all tight or the bolts on the idlers are too tight, then the belt slips over the outside plastic piece rather than turning it and amount of friction causes the XAxis to miss steps. Mark the outside of the plastic idlers with a pen so you can see them turn if they are not turning you need to loosen things off.
I found it impossible on a stock H1 to eliminate XAxis backlash because of this, On the SeeMeCNC boards you'll find discussion of the skate bearing mod, which involves replacing the idlers with 608 bearings, this is by far the best mod you can do to an H1.

If it's an issue with the drivers I can't help, because I've never pugged my 6560 in. There is a known issue with the opto isolators on the 6560, which is known to cause skew and I think the SeeMeCNC instructions give details in bypassing them.
July 24, 2012 07:53PM
Thanks polygonhell , the idlers weren't moving at all , I'll see what I can do.
July 24, 2012 08:45PM
Loosend the nuts on the idlers and they are all moving now, Print quality increased but still skewed sad smiley
July 24, 2012 10:04PM
Did you do the bypass on the 6560 board, that the manual shows?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2012 10:05PM by Polygonhell.
July 24, 2012 11:30PM
Hmm what bypass? I jumped the optos thats it.
July 25, 2012 12:00AM
I believe that was it.
July 25, 2012 12:34AM
Yeah than i did it , It did do something..... It skewed it the other way. I'm gonna switch the wiring for x and y axis tommorrow to see it thats the issue, if the skew persists then its probaly mechanical.
July 26, 2012 12:21AM
Ugh didn't get anything done today, my hotend needed to be redone as was my bed Hoping to do something tommorrow though
July 29, 2012 05:57PM
Polygonhell, THANKS so much, I loosend the belt so that it isn't tight with minimum backlash and my prints aren't skewed .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login