Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z Wobble

Posted by N314 
Z Wobble
September 06, 2012 06:30PM
Hi-

My machine used to have a lot of Z wobble. I tightened down the Z steppers, and added Z contraints which improved it a lot.

There is however, still a little bit left. I have a file of a recent print attached.

What else can I do to make it perfect?

-Nick
Attachments:
open | download - CIMG5427.JPG (232.3 KB)
open | download - CIMG5426.JPG (252.6 KB)
Re: Z Wobble
September 06, 2012 06:56PM
The constraints can actually make it worse.
The general consensus AFAICS is that the bulk of ZWobble is the ZRod and screw competing for control of the XEnds, and the best solution is to use 6mm or smaller Z screws with no constraints, so they bend rather than applying significant force to the XCarriage.
There are also various modifications that allow the ZNut to move in X and Y, so those motions aren't transferred to the XCarriage.
Re: Z Wobble
September 06, 2012 07:01PM
Tightening down the z steppers and adding z constraints should make the wobble worse since it transfers the wobble from bent z threaded rods to the x carriage more effectively. What you want is to isolate them more by allowing the open end of the threaded rods to be free and giving more play between the z nuts and the x ends. You also want the coupling between the motor shafts and threaded rods to allow for some lateral movement. Also make sure that the z smooth rods are secure.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login