Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

miniFactory 3D printer

Posted by Jabaz 
miniFactory 3D printer
September 15, 2012 06:04AM
Greetings everyone!

Have you thought about buying a 3D printer for personal use, but don´t want to build it from a kit?
The solution for that question is the miniFactory™ 3D printer from a Finnish manufacturer.
Our product miniFactory™ 3D printer is an affordable, assembled and a quick solution to start 3D printing at your home.
What gives separability to the miniFactory™ 3D printer is the ease of use, simplified and unique metal frame, miniFactory™ electronics and the quality of the components used, all combined with low price.
Take a look of the overall picture:

Some specifications:
Build area: 140 x 150 x 140 millimeters or 5.5 x 5.9 x 5.5 inches
Layer thickness: 0.1mm - 0.3mm
Nozzle diameter: 0.35mm
Filament diameter: 1.75mm

miniFactory™ has its own design board which is modified from sanguinololu with Kliment´s assistance.
Main features of the electronics are:
- 4x integrated A4988 1/16 microstepping stepper motor drivers with power output controlled via g-code in the Pronterface. Because of this there is no need to adjust the power output using a screwdriver. We have also put effort into designing a good thermal conduction for A4988 chips to make them run cooler.
- 2x temperature sensors for the heatable build platform and the extruder
- 3x MOSFET controlled outputs. Two of them are used to heat the build platform and the extruder. Third one is available for optional use.
- 3x Endstop for X-, Y- and Z-axes.
- USB input for communication between computer and electronics.

Long story short, delivery contents:
- Assembled miniFactory™ 3D printer
- All necessary accessories including power supply, USB cable and electronics with preloaded firmware
- Preassigned settings for printing software

Our purpose is to spread the word of 3D printing. If you are looking for a swift way to become a part of the 3D printing world, we bring you an easy and affordable solution. miniFactory™ aims to forge a complete tool for beginner-intermediate level 3D printing and to develop it even further. In the end, we all like simple instructions and reliable machinery, we want to bring them to you.

Check out
miniFactory™ website for cool projects and more information about miniFactory™ 3D printer
Youtube video of full print in fast motion
Our Facebook site
If you have questions, you can Contact Us!

Nokia Lumia 920 replica created with miniFactory 3D printer. This project got attention from wmpoweruser, mynokiablog and wp7connect blogs.

Re: miniFactory 3D printer
September 15, 2012 08:45AM
September 15, 2012 09:00AM
CE marked?

Good question, CE mark is in process.
tusam
September 19, 2012 09:10PM
Looks very nice, congrats.
Why not print the top of the head though?
September 20, 2012 12:01PM
20cm X 20cm heated plate?
September 20, 2012 04:51PM
I'm sorry if this comes across as rude, and very devils advocate, but is this really another advert for yet another closed source sub $1000 3d printer? that doesn't really contirbute anything to the opensource community? don't get me wrong it's looks like a nice printer, with a good design, i'm even considering getting rid of the two up!'s and replacing them with these, but at the end of the day i thought this was REPRAP forum? and this is closed source printer... why is it still here?
September 20, 2012 05:38PM
thejollygrimreaper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm sorry if this comes across as rude, and very
> devils advocate, but is this really another advert
> for yet another closed source sub $1000 3d
> printer? that doesn't really contirbute anything
> to the opensource community? don't get me wrong
> it's looks like a nice printer, with a good
> design, i'm even considering getting rid of the
> two up!'s and replacing them with these, but at
> the end of the day i thought this was REPRAP
> forum? and this is closed source printer... why
> is it still here?
This is a closed source printer?

See, when I come here I expect to see open source stuff not closed source like Cube, etc... I really had no idea but this really tells me we need a little more policing of the forums because others will get duped too.
September 20, 2012 05:45PM
don't get me wrong it looks nice and well built, i just don't think it should be advertised here,

congrats to the guys building it though, it doesn't appear to be "made in china"
September 20, 2012 05:46PM
I agree with you in all respects. I mean I come on reprap thinking, naively, that all printers will be opensource and I expect it to be so but it isn't apparently.
VDX
September 21, 2012 03:11AM
... this is a really difficult field around non-OS-printers beeing shown or even 'advertized' in the general forum.

It's interesting to read about them, as it could be an inspiration for DIY-mods to common designs or complete new ones.

I can create an explicite 'non-OS-printers' forum and move such threads there - how is the common sense about this?

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
September 21, 2012 03:16AM
Well, anything will be welcome VDX because there is no distinction between close source and open source when scanning around the forums.
September 21, 2012 03:37AM
Hello everyone and thanks for the feedback.

The reason we ended up not publishing the schematics of the design is that because the frame is a sheet metal frame. To be able to build that frame it needs laser cutter, heavy industrial sheet metal press and tools like that. I guess many doesn´t have access for these machines so the schematics would not have been helped many/anyone to build it.
We published this topic here in reprap.org / general forum since we thought it is for general topics and because there was few other topics about non os printers. We are sorry if it violates forum rules.
There may be some schematics released to be public like electronics design, but they are designed to use mostly very small sized SMD parts so it´s difficult to build with home tools.

Tusam: wanted to create it hollow and to be able to show it clearly.
Dark alchemist: build area is 14cm x 15cm x 14cm
thejollygrimreaper: Made in Finland smiling smiley (country where Nokia comes from)
September 21, 2012 03:46AM
Jabaz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello everyone and thanks for the feedback.
>
> The reason we ended up not publishing the
> schematics of the design is that because the frame
> is a sheet metal frame.To be able to build that
> frame it needs laser cutter, heavy industrial
> sheet metal press and tools like that. I guess
> many doesn´t have access for these machines so
> the schematics would not have been helped
> many/anyone to build it.

to the contrary, having Steel/Aluminium sheet is very easy to get cut out on a laser cutter and suprisingly easier and cheaper where i am than to have plywood cut out in the shape of any of the makerbots,

if the design was originally meant for opensource pleae don't let that stop you releasing it, it looks like a very well thought out design so far

> We published this topic here in reprap.org /
> general forum since we thought it is for general
> topics and because there was few other topics
> about non os printers. We are sorry if it violates
> forum rules.

as far as i am aware it doesn't seem to violate the rules, on the other handi don't think there are many rules to begin with,

> There may be some schematics released to be public
> like electronics design, but they are designed to
> use mostly very small sized SMD parts so it´s
> difficult to build with home tools.
>

have no fear of SMD parts, infact almost all the newerboards being released for the reprap seem to the SMD only
smoothieboard and 4pi however

> Tusam: wanted to create it hollow and to be able
> to show it clearly.
> Dark alchemist: build area is 14cm x 15cm x 14cm
> thejollygrimreaper: Made in Finland smiling smiley (country
> where Nokia comes from)

the made in finland bit is one of the things that have attracted me to it, i have purchased 2 up! 3d printers here and australia and are so far VERY un-impressed with the support from the company that sold them,
1 is a month old and already got a dead motherboard,,,

I am curious what does you printer use for software to control it?
September 21, 2012 03:59AM
[snip]
> Tusam: wanted to create it hollow and to be able
> to show it clearly.
> Dark alchemist: build area is 14cm x 15cm x 14cm
> thejollygrimreaper: Made in Finland smiling smiley (country
> where Nokia comes from)

Too small but I am not yet ready to own one but would like to find one to save towards but I want a 20cmx20cmx20cm build.

Thank you.
VDX
September 21, 2012 04:51AM
Jabaz,

... if you manage to post the design files, I can create an own forum in the "machines variations" section - this could drive the interest to same levels as other OS-printers winking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
September 21, 2012 07:11AM
thejollygrimreaper
I am curious what does you printer use for software to control it?
Pronterface is preferred.

Dark Alchemist
Too small but I am not yet ready to own one but would like to find one to save towards but I want a 20cmx20cmx20cm build.
Thank you for your opinion. Let´s see what we can do about it. smiling smiley

VDX, we will discuss about that and will let you know if we decide to publish something. This may take some time though. I personally love the idea of OS, but need the agreement also from other people who is involved with this project.
September 23, 2012 12:21PM
I agree with what was said before, don't let "hard to find tools" stop you to be open smiling smiley
Like this bike : [www.thingiverse.com]

Otherwise this thread should have been posted in the "for sale forum" (like for the Azteeg announcement by example).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2012 12:27PM by Emmanuel.

about // liberapay // flickr // wiki // thingiverse - github
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login