Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hotend Shipping Costs from US

Posted by jonasl 
Hotend Shipping Costs from US
October 23, 2012 05:24AM
Hi Guys

After having had only problems with my JHead, I have decided to get another hotend.
Probably a MakerGear or a Budaschnozzle. What I just cant get over are the shipping priced from US.
43US$ or 60US$ for the cheapest shipping option. I am in Hong Kong and Denmark

As a comparison, I just shipped a huge bag of printed mendelmax parts weighing more that a KG from HK to Denmark. 16US$.. took 3 days.

What do you guys in Europe / Asia do? I am on a budget and paying 60US$ for shipping a few hundred grams in a big envelope just seems rediculars

Cheers

Jonas
Re: Hotend Shipping Costs from US
October 23, 2012 05:40AM
I'm from Ukraine and really understood you: for me usually shipping costs more than the thing itself.
Biggest problem with filaments (ABS, PLA): 1kg of filament costs about 20$, but shipping about 30-40$!

As for JHead - I bought one here, [www.hotends.com]. They are not giving track number, but delivery is really cheep ($3.75) and pretty fast.
October 23, 2012 03:05PM
I hear ya...

They're no easier on the pocket than shipping from over there to the USA. I paid ~$40 for a set of five motors from China and the shipping was $43, and the fact is it's no better a picture shipping from most European countries to the US.
October 23, 2012 04:09PM
Our hotends are available for $17.50 without the heating element or thermistor. We have First Class shipping rates that are generally less than $4US to Hong Kong. Via Priority Mail they are $16.95 we could probably get 20 hotends in a box for that price.

Our hot end design is based on the Makerbot MK7/8 that they currently use in the Replicator and Replicator 2.

Chelsea - QU-BD.
October 23, 2012 05:25PM
Have you asked the forum or reifsnyderb for help?
October 23, 2012 05:32PM
I run an online store and ship all over the world. It depends on what carrier they use, if it's UPS, FedEx or DHL then it's going to be very expensive. All of my international shipments go by U.S. Mail as it's quite a bit cheaper but takes a bit longer.

A heating element would probably be around $13 for first class mail (slow) or $36 by Priority mail (faster). Now 'if' it would fit in a small flat rate box it would ship priority mail for around $20.

You might ask the seller to ship by one of these methods. It's a bit riskier than the big carriers but I have shipped thousands all over the world with only 1 lost so far.
October 23, 2012 08:59PM
We (LulzBot of the Budaschnozzle) have one pallet of products currently on the ocean heading to Europe. We have a bunch of printers in customs in the UK. When they get there, our shipping costs to the EU will be much lower, since it just has to go from London. We have plans for a shipping center in Canada and Hong Kong, but that will likely be around Q1 2013. FYI.

-Jeff
October 24, 2012 01:55AM
jebba Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We (LulzBot of the Budaschnozzle) have one pallet
> of products currently on the ocean heading to
> Europe. We have a bunch of printers in customs in
> the UK. When they get there, our shipping costs to
> the EU will be much lower, since it just has to go
> from London. We have plans for a shipping center
> in Canada and Hong Kong, but that will likely be
> around Q1 2013. FYI.
>
> -Jeff

A good opportunity for you to pimp your company...

... when I emailed your company about the freight cost issue when I needed some spare parts (I had already been a customer, all the way from New Zealand) your company told me it was because some customers had claimed they had not received their goods and since they had opted for cheaper freight there was no tracking number and so it was impossible to determine what happened to their order. I get your point but your companies position to-wards me was "take it or leave it" ..... I left it, I just didn't think it was worth while paying all that freight for a few spare parts. I thought the Budaschnozzle was a well made hot-end (except that one of the ply parts cracked) but the after sales service wasn't up to the same standard.
October 24, 2012 06:10PM
PM Sent.

jonasl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Guys
>
> After having had only problems with my JHead, I
> have decided to get another hotend.
> Probably a MakerGear or a Budaschnozzle. What I
> just cant get over are the shipping priced from
> US.
> 43US$ or 60US$ for the cheapest shipping option. I
> am in Hong Kong and Denmark
>
> As a comparison, I just shipped a huge bag of
> printed mendelmax parts weighing more that a KG
> from HK to Denmark. 16US$.. took 3 days.
>
> What do you guys in Europe / Asia do? I am on a
> budget and paying 60US$ for shipping a few hundred
> grams in a big envelope just seems rediculars
>
> Cheers
>
>
> Jonas
October 26, 2012 03:27AM
Thanks for the help!

I ordered 2 makergear hotends... They did manage to get me a better shipping price.

Chelsea.
Too bad I just saw this now, I would loved to try it- perhaps for my next printer.
Do you have any videos of it in action?

In the mean time, reifsnyderb is taking care of my troubled J-Head, and in a very professional way.

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login