Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My New Printer....

Posted by MoonshineCreek 
My New Printer....
November 08, 2012 07:36AM
Hi everyone,

Not sure what happened to my original account on here, as I had been a member for over 2 years... hey ho...
In the past, I have created an Isaac Mendel from scraps, 2 Prusas, and a couple of Huxleys.

Anyway, not to be put off by losing my account, I have been busy designing, making and polishing.

I have made a new printer for myself, (and anyone else who might like one). I call it Buildabot.
It is RepRap based - but with solid aluminium panels, it is very strong, and very easy to build. (panels slot together).

The only part that needs aligning is the print bed. The rest of the chassis is square as soon as you bolt it together - a couple of friends said it was like bolting Meccano together! Meccano makes Lego... or something like that!

I have taken all the things that I like about RepRap, and got rid of the things that I do not.
I have improved the belt tightening, hidden most wires, and the electronics have disappeared underneath.
It also has a new (mostly metal) torsion spring extruder for 1.75 filament (0.35 nozzle), which works just great.

The print quality was pretty much spot-on as soon as I completed the assembly. Please let me know if you like it! ( and feel free to share it around... I'd like lots of people to see it!!)

If you would like one... let me know!!!

Cheers, Aidan

Re: My New Printer....
November 08, 2012 07:47AM
Hi Adrian,

Your printer looks very nice! Congratulations!

Have you documented your modifications anywhere, say on the wiki perhaps?

Cheers,
Gary

------------------------------------------
garyhodgson.com/reprap | reprap.development-tracker.info | thingtracker.net
VDX
November 08, 2012 08:03AM
Hi Adrian,

what's wrong with your account?

Your registration is from 07/16/2010, but it seems, you wrote only three post so far with this account ... the first two in 2010 confused smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
November 08, 2012 10:28AM
Looks like it was derrived from an Orca 0.4>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login