Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flow calibrated but solid layers not closed

Posted by IanJohnson 
Flow calibrated but solid layers not closed
November 23, 2012 03:06PM
My E steps and flow rates are calibrated so that single walled cubes give me the right extrusion width +/- .02mm. However when I print solid cubes, or anything with a solid top layer for that matter, the threads aren't quite meeting up. This happens in Skeinforge, KISSlicer, and less often in Slic3r. In Slic3r, linear solid infill is correct, but concentric is slightly gappy. I can turn the nozzle size down from .35 to about .32 and the gaps will close up. KS and SF however don't have a nozzle size setting.

In Skeinforge I tried turning down packing density (increasing flow) and reduced the perimeter flow rate by a matching amount. This kept the perimeter the right width, but the outer dimensions were reduced slightly, and there seemed to be some overextrusion elsewhere in the print (rightly so).

I don't want to use Slic3r all of the time, not even 072b (often runs out of memory for .1mm prints). Is there anything I can do to fix this in the other slicers? I don't want to just turn the flow rates up, because then the dimensions will be off. I am using 1.7 filament with a .35 nozzle, mostly with .3 layers. The backlash for all 3 axis is at .05 or less.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login