Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ubis hot end

Posted by Pointedstick 
Ubis hot end
September 25, 2012 06:01PM
Have any other folks here used the Printrbot Ubis hot end? I was initially skeptical about their high and might reliability claims, but I have to say, this hot end has really grown on me. I tried many hot end designs before finally settling on the Ubis. I have two machines that have been printing literally 24/7 for months with Ubis hot ends, and I've never once had a jam!

These hot ends come assembled, and they're very cheap compared to other pre-assembled hot ends. Have other people had similar good experiences? I ask because it might be wise to point newcomers that way, since the hot end is a frequent source of problems, especially the ones that need to be partially or completely assembled.

I know it's not open-source, and that sucks. But I think it is very good for beginners. FYI I'm not affiliated with the Printrbot guys in any way, nor do I have a Printrbot. I just really like the hot end! smiling smiley
Re: Ubis hot end
September 25, 2012 09:06PM
no 1.75mm?
no inventory?
no hope to get one.

Glad you have that aspect sorted out.
There are so many areas for issues, nice to have a few off your plate.

smileys with beer
Re: Ubis hot end
December 02, 2012 09:20AM
I'm glad your hot tip is working so well, I broke mine trying to extrude when it wasn't up to temp.. It came partually apart from the ceramic and abs started to coming out of the side. I took it out and cleaned it out but when I put it back it wouldn't heat up. Now I'm stuck as the printrbot.com are out of stock and no word when they will have any more.
Any idea where I cane get a new one?
Roy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login