Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

different layers

Posted by rogerw 
different layers
December 17, 2012 05:02PM
hello everyone,
may i first start by sending my deepest sympathies to the american members - very sad times.

can you please describe the different layers, what settings (in slic3r) affect them and good callibration test for each, what are the values in the GCode comments at the top that related to the different layers. ( i have done a solid cube test and it looked great at the top to me)

are there basically four types - the first layer, the bottom layers, the fill layers and then the top layers

that is the first layer seems different - i think people say it is squashed a bit more - what does that means - is it wider - is more plastic squirted out - is it still the same height.

then i usually get some good creamy layers (maybe the bottom layers in slic3r - is the first layer considered one of these if so it is different)

then (when doing 1.0 fill) i get skinnier lines, is not as 100% filled as the previous 'bottom' layer. but still ok

then get the creamier top layers again.

ps i fairly happy with my prints at the moment - haven't had a lot of time to calibrate - i suspect i am over extruding a tiny amount. ie. some of the creamier layers seem to overlap although the 1.0 fill layers seem to be struggling to join together.

roger.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2012 05:42PM by rogerw.

Prusa 'Explorer' (3dStuffMaker), GEN6, J-head Mk III-B, Bowden Extruder, Marlin 1.0.0 RC2, Repitier-Host V0.84 and Slic3r 0.9.8, PLA. Live at Victoria, Australia.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login