budget problem.

Posted by sadistic_angel 
budget problem.
December 18, 2012 11:46PM
all i need is

-extruder
-hot end
-stepper motor (for extruder)

now here's the problem... i only have about $60, stepper motor is 15 so thats only 45 for both an extruder and hot end.
if anyone knows of a cheap extruder or hot end (or combo) that would be wonderful!

by not buying the hot bed right away i can get an extra $23 so ~$83 for all three parts (little easier to find probably)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2012 11:52PM by sadistic_angel.
Re: budget problem.
December 19, 2012 02:39AM
where abouts in the world are you? and what material do yo intend to print with?
December 19, 2012 08:09AM
I live in Attleboro Massachusets in the US. I want to print in ABS but without a hot plate I would be printing in PLA
December 19, 2012 09:18AM
That's a tough problem.

Personally I can only recommend J-heads as that's all I've ever used. They are a little pricey @ $55, but worth every penny. If you do decide to get a J-head purchase from reifsnyder @ hotends.com - he designs and builds them, so you know you're not getting a cheap knockoff.

So for an extruder/hotend you're going to need the following hardware, assuming a Wades Extruder.

(1) Stepper Motor $15
(1) Wades Extruder $4 of plastic
(3) 608 bearings $3
(4) 70mm M4 studs $1
(12) M4 Nuts $1
(8) M4 Washers $1
(4) springs $4 (good springs are pretty expensive)
(1) M8 stud $0 (free if you're building a Prusa)
(1) Hobbed Bolt $8
(1) Hotend $55
Shipping Costs $???

So, if someone is nice to you they'll print you a Wades for cheap (it is Christmas after all). The rest of the hardware is the real expense.

If you have to, wait to build the extruder last. You may find additional money down the line to pour into it.

I know this isn't the news you want to hear, but it's realistic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2012 09:36AM by akhlut.

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
December 20, 2012 11:17AM
weather i wanted to hear it or not is irrelevant, that fact is it's true and i could put it off. i didn't want to but it seems that will be what i have to do. i'll ask around if someone is willing to print a wades cheap, my engineering class got me all the other printed parts free of charge but they aren't willing to print more so unless i buy them i'm stuck without an extruder. maybe someone has a set that is slightly messed up that they wouldn't normally sell and i could get that cheap and use it to reprint the parts on my own? i don't know we'll see what i can do.
December 20, 2012 12:10PM
Check your messages.

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
December 21, 2012 03:52PM
Set you an PM, I can check to see what hardware i have for an extruder that I can donate. Post up with what you need
December 21, 2012 07:58PM
i need all the parts to an extruder. nut bolts bearings washers ect. and printed parts. i'm looking for a good hot end online now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login